Fire officials in Reading, Pennsylvania, said 81 people were evacuated from a YMCA on Friday due to a chlorine gas leak, with 20 taken to the hospital, CBS’ Philly 3 reported.
Among the 81 evacuated to nearby buildings were over 50 children and about 15 staff members, according to Berks Weekly.
In total, 21 people were injured, all of whom are expected to recover. The leak is thought to have stemmed from two YMCA staff members mixing the wrong chemicals in the first-floor pool area.
Read more at Newsmax© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.