Kayleigh McEnany: Trump ‘Doing Just Fine’ Without Social Media

Kayleigh McEnany: Trump ‘Doing Just Fine’ Without Social Media

Former President Donald Trump is “doing just fine” without being on social media, according to his ex-press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany. 

“He said it was kind of freeing not to have Twitter,” McEnany, now a Fox News contributor, told Fox Business Stuart Varney on Friday, reports The Hill. “He had a lot of time on his hands. So I think he’s doing just fine without social media.”

Several social media platforms, including Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook, banned Trump after the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. The bans came after Twitter and other companies had been tagging the then-president’s posts on the 2020 election. 

The removals pointed to “cancel culture,” McEnany argued, as the actions weren’t about stopping misinformation about the election or out of concern over inciting violence, but about “stopping Trump.”

“What a travesty, this cancel culture, this root someone out of the public square,” she said. 

Trump is permanently banned from Twitter, where he was a prolific poster. Facebook currently evaluating whether he’ll be allowed to come back, and YouTube said this week the former president’s account will be reinstated when the “risk of violence has decreased.”

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

There is no custom code to display.